Boston

Nate and I went to Boston for the annual physical therapy conference. We earned a lot of continuing education credits and got to see some sites. I both love and hate big cities. I am always amazed that people can live in big cities. Everything is so crowded and fast paced it seems. Traffic is awful. But I love to look at architecture and people watch in new places.
They do these conferences every February, so Nate and I will probably try and go every year or so. Next year is in Houston and I think the one after that is in Anaheim. Both warmer places, which I will like. 
One night after classes we went to watch the Boston Celtics play. They were amazing. I like the fast pace of professional basketball. This picture was pregame, but the bleachers filled up. I don't usually like watching sports but this was actually really fun.
One of my favorite things about traveling is eating all the local food. We tried Dunkin donuts since they are big on the east coast. Nate and I both agreed that our local Donut Country is way better.
Cookie ice cream sandwiches aren't an "east coast thing" but they looked awesome and it was. 
These were surprising, statues, I guess you can call them. You don't expect to see people on a swing 3 stories up or sitting on the top of a Macy's building. They were not real of course, but made us look and feel concerned for a minute, for sure.
 
This is the Massachusetts State Building.

 
We came her a couple of time. It was like a food court in a cool old building called the Quincy Market. Had lots of yummy food. We got a lobster roll here. So yummy. Lobster covered in butter on a roll. We loved the cannolis too. I had tried one before and didn't love it, but the few we tried in Boston were amazing. 

 
We went to the Institute of Contemporary Art, and that was, well weird. Really weird. I went to one in Paris and loved it, but this one was just odd. Didn't hold my attention very long. Glad we went on a free admission night or I would have felt like I wasted my money.

Nate took a pre conference class, and I didn't have one, so I walked around town a little by myself. I walked through The New England Holocaust Memorial. It is always sad to hear about what the Jews and minorities went through. On the glass walls of the memorial they had the numbers that represented people that were killed in concentration camps and things. There were SO many. It is heart breaking that those people were seen as insignificant numbers.

Here is the Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall Visitor Center. It is weird to see some of these really old buildings amid the modern buildings.
 
It was so stinking cold when we were there. It was in the 20's and 30's when we were there and it was windy. Brrr. Overall, it was a great trip. I would love to see Boston at other times of year. So much is closed down in the winter.